Tuesday 8 June 2010

SAS - not the army!

Before I embark on my adventures around Canada, Edinburgh and France I am currently doing the Students Associates Scheme or SAS which is sort of an introductory teacher training programme for undergraduates who want to become teachers. That’s right…I want to be a teacher! I have always wanted to be a teacher and I have pretty passionate view about education which I won’t go in to now, but let’s just say I really want to be a teacher and I know what sort of teacher I want to be. I also can’t stand the stereotype that the only reason people become teachers is because its ‘an easy option’/’guaranteed job after graduation’/’I can’t think what else to do with my degree subject’. The SAS has taught me lots of things and one of them is that teaching is not easy! My friend who is also doing the SAS and about to embark on a PGCE course said today “I can see why teachers need the long holidays” and its so true. I spent over an hour today preparing a slide show to teach vocab about the topic of holidays, when do teachers find the time to fit everything in?
But, alas this is what I want to do with my life so I hope you will join me on my journey as I finish my school placement, go on holiday to Canada, work at Edinburgh Fringe Festival to indulge in my other passion - theatre and then my year abroad in France as a language assistant….

Bonne journée

No comments:

Post a Comment